Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Holiday Hottie - Days 4&5, Week 1

Hey Holiday Hotties!!! I didn't a get a chance to post yesterday, so this will be a 2in1 special!! Day 4 of the series started out great, but unfortunately got a bit out of control. There has been some restructuring at my office, which made for a rather upsetting and stressful day. Luckily, this will not effect me directly, but it is still tough to see it going on. I let my nerves get the best of me and had zero appetite. I ended up leaving the office 3 hours late and I felt totally exhausted. I figured since I hadn't eaten anything, my planned cardio routine was not a smart idea. Instead I headed home, ate a couple of salad rolls and enjoyed some much needed meditation. It was an early night, and I was ready to wake up feeling refreshed and strong!

And that I did......  


I woke up and got in my 2nd #plankaday, TIU's fine toning plank and 30 crunches, situps and pushups. I was ready to face my toughest challenge of the Holiday Hottie series...today was the farewell party for our students, which meant I was serving up pizza and some of my FAV cake. I knew this was coming, so I brought some of my handmade salad rolls and a couple of Perfect Fit Peanut Butter Balls. AND I DID IT!! No cake and pizza for me :) Saying no was made a lot easier but having my own tasty lunch to look forward to and drinking tons of water.


I also knew that I would be enjoying a fabulous meal with the BF tonight! We cooked up some dijon baby carrots, garlicky asparagus, cajun shrimp and steak-one papa bear and one mama bear size! Normally, we would have had a a big ol' scoop of cheesy mashed potatoes, but neither of us really missed the extra carbs. 


 OK...now for the best part of my day...dessert!!!! I made the sweet crock pot apples and easy perfect fit ice cream from the TIU Blog. I've seen a lot of recipes on Pinterest for this frozen banana "ice cream" stuff, but I was highly skeptical of both the taste and the texture. Ummm, soooo...I'm in LOVE!! It is freaking unbelievable! I added some dark cocoa powder to their recipe, and I was amazed at just how incredible it came out! It can easily and realistically help me fight any ice cream cravings that creep up, and it is sooo versatile! Here I am...clearly excited!


The BF and I had a scoop on top of the crockpot apples and it was absolute bliss! Definitely the perfect treat to end the week :)


Congrats again to all of the #HolidayHottie winners! I am beyond happy for all of you and your dedication has been incredible to watch! I am really looking forward to the slim down next week and focusing on those 2-a-days! I am so thankful to have such a strong support system, both at home and with the TIU community.

Although it is Friday, this girl is a granny when it comes to sleep and it is way past my bedtime!! I am going to wind down with some kitty cuddles and get lots of rest for another Holiday Hottie day tomorrow.

Ooh, one more thing...I am looooving the TIU PB Balls!! If you haven't had a chance to try them yet, I highly recommend you get on that!


Hehe! Sweet Dreams beauties! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment